Rhyllis Rae Oedekoven Student Leadership Award Trophy
SEAA Trust, New Delhi and Peregrine Global are pleased to announce the 6th Instant Student Case competition 2022
The post Pandemic effect still continues and the Institutions that mastered the art of using Digital tools have gone back to regular classrooms even though the use of Digital Technology in teaching and learning has certainly undergone a major overhaul. Much of course needs to be done by leaders in education in this fast digitally transforming world.
We thought it is time that Business Schools and students assessed the real impact of Business Education on the social arena with the communities interacting and benefiting from the B-schools and the students themselves being prepared to take the reins of businesses and governments that would have maximum impact on a fast changing society.
Our 6th Peregrine Global and SEAA Trust, Students Instant case competition which has had a highly successful run as the one of the most relevant student competitions in Asia for the past five years has chosen "Social Impact of Business Education " as the theme for current year's competition.
Team participation: We encourage the B-schools to enlist their student teams for the conference the earliest and much before the competition closing deadline of August 15, 2022. Three members or less constitute a Team and B-schools can send a maximum of THREE Teams. There would be a nominal fee that the student teams or the B-school would have to pay to help offset a part of the competition costs. The fees would be Rs 3000 per team. The second & third team can pay Rs 2000 each from the same school.
The Competition: The competition would be in two parts I) The Essay Round & II) The Instant case round
The last date for submission of Essay (not exceeding 3000 words excluding charts, Tables and histograms) is August 15, 2022.
The Theme: "Social Impact of Business Education"
1. B-school outreach challenge
2. Connecting curriculum to Business Reality
3. Business Education impact on Business and Political environment
4. B-school commitment to UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
5. Knowing, learning and Doing are B-schools able to connect these to their social committment ?
6. Measuring Social Impact of Business Education, the challenges
The Theme of the workshop: "Social Impact of Business Education"
The workshop would have an eminent panel of experts from academia and industry discussing the theme.
First three winner teams would be presenting their case discussion videos.
There would be varied cash prizes for all the three teams besides certificates for the members of wining teams.
All the other selected team members would be given competition participation certificates
The4th Rhyllis Rae Oedekoven Student Leadership trophy be presented to the winning school. The trophy would be dispatched to the winners by Fedex!
PLEASE NOTE THAT AT SEAA TRUST, NEW DELHI, WE ARE COMMITTED TO DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND AS SUCH THE ENTIRE COMPEITTION WOULD BE HELD ON VIRTUAL PLATFORMS ONLY.
5th Students Instant Case Competition 2021
(May 25, 1928 to May 26, 2019)
The winning team would be receiving 3rd Rhyllis Rae Oedekoven Student Leadership Award Trophy instituted under the aegis of Peregrine Global and administered by SEAA Trust, New Delhi.
SEAA Trust, in association with the Business School Resource Center of the Peregrine Global Services, Wyoming, our academic partner for over a decade is proud to announce the Fifth in the series of Student Instant case competition.
The competition is open for registration by the student teams. The registration and team essays must be submitted before October 31, 2021. The teams can start submitting their essays any time after registration. Registration to the competition is based on a nominal fee the students teams may have to pay. Details are in the registration form.
The Essay should not exceed 2500 words not including the graphics and tables. Registration form has rest of the competition details.
Selected teams would be provided with instant cases that needs to be discussed and a 10 minute video of final presentation should be uploaded to our competition's YouTube link.
The Participants to the competition would receive certificates of participation and the first three winning teams would get their certificates and also cash awards. A nominal participation fee is being charged for each team and there is a restriction of only two teams per school comprising of three members each.
Essay main theme: "B-school Challenges for preparing leaders for Digital Era"
1. Teaching technology for non- technology students
2. Building an attitude for life long learning
3. Ease of use of digital learning strategies and tools
4. External digital expert involvement in teaching and learning
5. Learning from Global MBA experience in Digital era
1. B V Krishnamurthy A senior management education thought leader and global education quality consultant with over five decades of experience worldwide leading teams and fostering institutions. He will anchor the workshop
2. Alimaa Jamiyansuren, Director Asia Pacific of the Peregrine Global Services on whose behest the student competition has been conducted over the past three years. Alimaa is an internationally renowned Marketing professional with long experience with leading organisations
3. Paul Mallette an internationally well known Accreditation Quality champion who is leading the European desk of the Peregrine Global Services as Director International Operations. Paul was with IACBE, a leading international accreditor
4. Ramesh Pathania, Photo journalist with Hindustan Times, documentary film maker, environmentalist and an accomplished poet.
5. Deepak Jhangiani, former Marketing Director of Business India and Dalal Street Journal and consults leading corporates in Mumbai
6. Ela Goyal A MOODLE Expert, entrepreneur, Founder-MEETCS, an Ed-Tech specialist. She has been working on using technology in the human capital space for the last 20 years
SPECIAL ADDRESS: Dr. Haseeb J. Ahmed, Dean of School of Management at Kettering University in Michigan (USA). Dr Haseeb manages graduate and undergraduate degree programs in Technology Leadership, Business Analytics, Engineering Management, Supply Chain & Logistics Management, Operations Management, Sustainable Solutions for Enterprise, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, and Lean Manufacturing.
3rd Student Instant Case competition winners
In 2019 3rd Peregrine Global Instant Student case competition the first prize was won by Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Management Studies and Research (VESIMSR), Mumbai
Second prize was won by AIMS Institutes Bengaluru
The Rhyllis Ray student trophy went to Vikanand Eduation Society's Institute of Management Studies and Research Mumbai
4th students Instant cases competition
The first prize went to Chitkara Business School Rajpura (Charvi Datta & Aashna Aggarwal) along with the Second Rhyllis Rae Oedekoven Student Leadership trophy. Prize winning presentation
The second prize to Kristu Jayanti School of Management Bangalore (Angela Jayson, Anisha Iype & Hariharan Shankar). Presentation
The third prize to IES Management College & Research Centre Mumbai (Hitanshi Parekh, Aarohi Agrawal & Shweta Babar). Presentation
The 4th year round of student Instant case competition brought to you under the aegis of Business Resource Centre of Peregrine Global, globally top rated Education Services Company had the theme
"Edu-tech for building cutting edge Business Education”
Sub-Topics for the team entry were:
1. Are the B-school campuses early adapters of Edu-tech ?
2. In Post Pandemic period, will Edu-tech continue to be as impactful?
3. Is the B-schools headed towards blended or flip classrooms?
4. Is MOOC going to be a strong alternative to regular business education?
5. Edu-tech innovation is key to success of a B-school
6. Is Edu-tech part of any cutting edge quality strategy at B-schools?